Telluride Wedding PhotographerServing clients in Telluride, Ouray and Mountain Village
Dreamtime Images provides Telluride wedding photographer services and specializes in mountain weddings throughout Colorado’s Rockies.
Telluride is seriously one of the best places in all of Colorado for a destination wedding, particularly if you’re looking for a small, luxury town that’s quirky, quaint, has an outstanding tourism and wedding infrastructure, but doesn’t come with the ritz and glam of Aspen, Vail and the other larger resort towns in the state. This place is the real deal. Read more here at Wikipedia about the mining background of this historic town.
Telluride is a small town with absolutely breathtaking scenery. For a wedding photographer, Telluride is a dream-come-true. It’s surrounded by incredibly tall, steep mountains on three sides — and careening down one side of the town’s box canyon is the famous Bridal Veil falls, which is nearly 400 feet tall and makes for a spectacular hike during the wedding weekend.
Telluride is a great destination wedding location for brides and grooms who love big mountains, great snow or mountain biking, and a vibrant, artistic scene. There’s lots of stuff to do — check out TripAdvisor for ideas. I love photographing weddings in Telluride, Mountain Village and nearby Ouray. The San Juan Mountains are my favorite!
See what your Telluride wedding photos will look like!
Join the party and join me on the social network! I like Instagram the most.
Planning Tips for Telluride, CO Weddings
If you’re planning a wedding in Telluride, here are some things to consider. First of all, Telluride is a great wedding destination throughout the year, and it’s super easy to get to. There’s a local airport (Telluride Regional Airport) as well as a larger airport in Montrose, which is a short and beautiful 70 mile drive.
Located at more than 8,000 feet, it’s pretty high up there. During the winter, the town boasts some of the most advanced skiing in the country, so if you and your family and friends are skiers, Telluride is a fantastic option for a wedding.
During the summer, the outdoor opportunities are endless: you can mountain bike, road bike, hike, trail run, kayak, go rafting, and go rock climbing. For outdoor enthusiasts, the town is simply unbeatable. Add to that the popular Telluride Bluegrass Festival every summer and you have a winner.
Here’s some weather info if you’re curious about what it’ll be like during your wedding weekend, and be sure to check out Telluride Mountain’s Pinterest and YouTube for lots of inspiring visuals to get an idea of what to expect.
Where to get married in Telluride
Thankfully, a number of the best wedding venues in Colorado are here. In and around Telluride and the surrounding towns (this list spans a bit of geography, stretching to Ouray) you’ll find the following recommended hotels and top wedding venues. My favorites include:
- New Sheridan Hotel: The New Sheridan is an awesome hotel smack dab in the middle of town on the main street in downtown. One of the coolest weddings I’ve ever shot started here, and toured through town to the Town Park and finished at Alreds Restaurant near San Sophia Overlook.
- Peaks Resort: A favorite ski-in/ski-out hotel in Mountain Village, with a number of awesome wedding decks.
- Lumiere Telluride: A super cool luxury hotel in Mountain Village. I’d recommend staying here if you’re planning a winter wedding, since Mountain Village is centrally located for skiers.
- Hotel Columbia: Another awesome hotel in Mountain Village that’s centrally located, right across the street from the gondola.
- San Sophia Overlook: An absolutely beautiful site for a wedding ceremony on a saddle separating downtown Telluride from Mountain Village. The view across the valley to Imogene Pass are outrageously cool. In the winter time, this is inaccessible unless you want to elope on skis and marry yourself.
Favorite Telluride Wedding Vendors
I have worked with a number of super talented wedding vendors in Telluride. Here are a few of my favorite partners in the area:
- DJ Soul Atomic: Will Evans is an awesome DJ originally from NYC, but who is now a Telluride local and a total legend. His mixes are funky and you can be sure you’ll be dancing like crazy if he’s in the house.
- Willowcreek Floral: Based in nearby Ridgeway, Willowcreek is a staple for Telluride celebrations, and their arrangements make wedding photographs scream.
- Allred’s Restaurant: This is probably the coolest place in Colorado for a rehearsal dinner – located atop the mountain, accessible via the free Telluride gondola both from Mountain Village and Telluride. Allred’s has amazing views, a cozy atmosphere, a great staff, and incredible food.
- Polished Fun: A team of wedding planners who were all raised in this little slice of paradise. They know everything and everyone!
- Soiree Telluride: Another incredible team of wedding planners who have lived here for many years. Soiree Telluride has a lot of experience planning some of the finest weddings in Telluride.